A Wise Word:

Witchcraft is all about living to the heights and depths of life as a way of worship. --LY DE ANGELES

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Earth Power by Scott Cunningham

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Power-Techniques-Llewellyns-Practical/dp/0875421210/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1396453816&sr=1-2&keywords=scott+cunningham+earth+magic
Amazon stock photo

Awhile back, I found an old copy of this book and devoured it in an afternoon.  I won't go all cliché and say that "it changed my life," but it was a real eye opener.  I was on a path to perusing Druidry and picked this book up out of curiosity just to find that I couldn't put it down.  By the end of the second chapter I knew I was a witch.  Not going to be a witch, but a witch.  Unbeknownst to even myself, I had been practicing Earth Magic for years.  If I had been asked about it previously, I would have probably laughed it away, but I always knew there was power to draw from nature if you only knew how to ask.  It was an intuition that I credited to the native Sioux in my ancestry.

Unlike Mr. Cunningham, I do not (even now) prescribe to Wiccan ideals, but this book is invaluable none the less.  It would certainly be the first book I handed to a seeker of magic.  The writing is beautifully simple without diminishing the power of the topic and leaves even the most timid reader feeling that magic is within their realm of possibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment