I know it's Mabon and I should probably be posting something seasonally related, but today all I can think about is how much I envy Mrs. Weasley. I am a witch who firmly believes in searching for mundane answers before turning to magic, but with a new baby and both Superman and Miss Busy being ill I could really use a bit of Mrs. Weasley's housekeeping magic.
Here are is my top 5 wish list for magical housekeeping solutions:
- I'm doing pretty well on keeping up with the dishes, but what about a magical washing machine? Maybe washer/dryer/folder combo? I could handle putting them away myself.
- Those enchanted knitting needles?! I know the boys hate the sweaters Mrs. W creates with them, but I am so envious. If I knew how to make my needles do that, I wouldn't have one fingerless glove on the computer desk waiting for the creation of it's mate. Also, I would absolutely have me a colorful witchy mama sweater...gotta love that!
- A toy box that pulls scattered toys neatly back into itself. This would really cut down on the number of bruised feet in our house. Legos are murder to step on.
- Grocery delivery by owl. Running to the store to pick up a few things is such a chore with the littles. Wouldn't it be wonderful to send the grocer a short note via family owl and have the trusty bird return with a paper wrapped parcel of essentials.
- The epic Mrs. Weasley clock. Luckily my "George" doesn't have a Fred to worry me as well, but it would be so great to know what everyone was up to in a quick glance.