A Wise Word:

Witchcraft is all about living to the heights and depths of life as a way of worship. --LY DE ANGELES

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Paint Me a Spell

 


In my life simplicity is a necessity and often times, magickal practice is far from simple.  We buy herbs and candles and books like they are the keys that make spells work.  Then we have to store them.  Sometimes we forget that the power is all around us waiting for us to be the key.  In implementing this truth into my practice, I gravitated toward sigil magick which has since turned into art magick. 

It all started with a blank canvas stashed in the back of the closet.  Then I started having an intense feeling of disconnect with my four older children.  Its a long story, but as a single mom I allowed them to go to my mothers for the summer and never got them back.  I felt that no matter how often I told them or tried to demonstrate my love, the energy was getting lost before it reached them.  I wanted to create a spell powerful enough to bridge the miles and follow them through out their daily lives.  I wanted them to know that I was always holding them in my heart.  Then on one of my walks, I was inspired to paint my love.

Everyday for a month, I worked on the painting. While I painted, I focused love toward my children, letting the canvas take on a life of it's own.    I painted a large soft mother Superman calls her "mustard woman" because of her color  holding her children to her heart.  I made each child figure in the painting as unique as my own living children and painted a binding love seal over the mother's womb.  Then I started the background in aboriginal designs.  When the month was over, I knew that the painting was not even near being finished.  The painting will never be finished. 

Whenever I feel the need coming from one of my children, I add to the canvas.  When I feel the energy of the painting starting to ebb, I douse it with strong coffee and allow it to dry in the sunshine.  Between times, it hangs in our hall. 

Since the time I started the painting, my communication with the older children has improved significantly.  They have started initiating phone calls and email conversations again and I find we never run out of things to discuss.  I have also finally been able to accept our separation without intense, unwarranted guilt.  If it is possible, I almost feel as if the magick has allowed me to love each of them even more than before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment