A Wise Word:

Witchcraft is all about living to the heights and depths of life as a way of worship. --LY DE ANGELES

Friday, April 1, 2016

Update on Everything Under the Moon

Hello, Magickal People!  I have been pretty much MIA here for the better part of six months and I'm sure I have some 'splaining to do. Hopefully, you all haven't abandoned ship and this post is being read by someone! 





Let's start way back with last summer.  Most of you know that we had just moved and were settling in nicely here on campus.  The girls were keeping me busy and we were growing a lovely little garden.  I thought I was done with the baby business and was getting into the rhythm created by our little family.  Then Superman had a premonition.  I know. I'm the witch. That's suppose to be my department, but Superman holds his own pretty well in that particular area.  He just knew that if we were to have one more child, he would have a son.  The man has 5 daughters.  Well, I can't deny him anything, particularly not a son, so we decided to try again.  I was tandem nursing the girls and thought that would buy me some time, but with in two weeks I was pregnant with our little boy.  At the time of this post he is now three weeks old and completely amazing of course.  Miss Busy is a great helper when she wants to be and even advises me on how to do my job.  Little Moon loves "bruber," but is feeling a bit out of sorts with her new position in the family line up.

 

 
 


Because we were becoming a household of five, the campus housing regulations required us to move into a larger apartment.  Initially, this move occurred back in November and was a smashing success.  At first.  Soon after Christmas it became apparent that there were some major problems with our new apartment and after trying for over two months to rectify them with us in residence we had to move again.  Thankfully, the apartment across patio was open and we were only required to move next door.  It is safe to say that we cut things pretty close though.  Our first night in the new apartment, I went into labor.  This time I had the premonition and knew it would happen that way.





So, on to my locks.  To tell the truth, they are still significantly more of a mess than I expected them to be at 13 months old.  I love the wildness of my dreads, but some days it seems like I have the "woman lost in the woods" look going on.  Note: I am not very good at this selfie business and just make random faces at the camera while trying to capture the state of my dreads with out looking like a total idiot.  A good portion in the center of each dread is knotted up nice and tight, but there is an inch of loose hair at the top of each another 2 to 3 inches at the bottom just whisping around. Back in January, I bought a dreading hook tiny crochet hook with the goal of having them all tidied up before the baby arrived.  Unfortunately, I didn't do a very good job of figuring time into the equation.  I am rather slow at the business of crocheting hair and with the girls to help me out, I'm doing good to get one dread tidied in the span of an hour.  So at this point, I have 8 rather neat tidy dreads and about 25 very messy ones.  I'm not going for perfection, just manageable.  Maybe I'll have the look cleaned up in time for a 18 month update. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
***It took me three days to write this blog post and it is now April Fools Day.  No tricks here, just my own lack of foresight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment